Last Day in Venezia ~ The Blonde B

13 August 2014

Last Day in Venezia

We spent our last night at Rosso Pomodoro (again).

When you have found the ristorante that serves the best pizza in Venice, there really is no other option.

Luckily the rain had cleared up and we  waltzed through St Mark's square to Calle Larga behind the Piazza.


I'm wearing an Amy Child's dress from her boutique (if you were wondering) available here.  
It clings to all the right places, is super comfortable and ever so flattering.



He even let me take a photo of us both. 

Just ONE though. 

ONLY because it was the last night.
We arrived at the trendy ristorante and got shown to our table outside. 

Our menus were in English this time. 

Success!

We still ordered the same as last time though...

It was just too good!


One thing that makes me angry about Italian pizza is that it is never cut. 
Luckily I bought my personal pizza cutter with me. 
After a very modest amount of more delicious chocolate cream. 

Four to be exact. 
We wandered back to the waterfront for midnight gazing
Before  retiring to the Bauer. 
At 6am I woke up to use the loo and out of the bathroom window I could see the sun was rising across Venice, through my very sleepy eyes.

I clambered back in to the room and frantically searched for my camera in the complete darkness. 

This was en excellent photo opportunity!

So there I was at 6 in the morning standing in the bath happily snapping away at the sunrise in my underwear. 

I do think anyone that would have found me there must have thought I was completely bonkers!!




It was worth it though right?

A few hours later, at a more reasonable time to be up, we were all packed up, all checked out and had a few hours left in this beautiful city.

So we decided to eat, obviously. 
At the Art Blu Cafe we had grilled calamari and a mushroom and smoked prosciutto pizza.

I have stuffed my mouth with a helluva a lot of pizza this holiday! (Will be doing extra squats when I'm home!)

It's basically all we have eaten. 

And I've enjoyed every single mouthful. 

Can you tell?




Back at the Bauer we indulged in a couple more glasses of Prosecco whilst waiting for our private water taxi to take us back to the airport.

Cry.

I might have got a little bit carried away...

These photos could either have been taken in a 200 year old lobby or could easily be mistaken for a crazy champagne party at a private suite in Vegas.

I'll let you decide which one it is. 



He was a little more disapproving...






Then it was time to bid farewell to this beautiful amazing romantic city. 

We savoured every last bit of the boat ride back to the airport in the glorious sunshine and got jealous of all the people just arriving in Venice ready to start their holiday.   


Ciao bella Italia! Until next time!


1 comments: