Turning 25 ~ The Blonde B

30 August 2016

Turning 25

I didn't plan to turn my 25th celebrations into a whole weekend.

But somehow, it just happened.

I
I seem to have been greeted by one cake after another, after another.

But there ain't no complaining here!

I'm not one to be fussed over, I usually don't like it, but I was just sitting back and letting it happen.

Especially if it meant free bubbles...

Day 1 I was greeted by cake and bubbles by Paco and Marisa.

Completely unexpected and not even planned by my own family! Paco & Marisa run the local cafe by my Grandma's we ALWAYS go to and they were sweet enough to bring out cava and a Vienetta cake at 11am.

I lapped it all up.


On
Mum promised me this time I was over there wasn't much planned, but as always our calendars seem to get fully booked almost overnight.

On Saturday night we got all dolled up and went out for a meal with all our family and extended family/friends. If you caught up on my last post, you would know I somehow managed to break my hard-drive so have completely lost all of my photos!

So my few planned posts from Spain have all been rolled in to one due to the lack of photos! Here are some of the ones I managed to transfer from my camera to my phone before the death of the hard drive.

So Saturday night was dinner with the fam.

Jumpsuits (or rompers as they say in the US and this one is from Forever 21 so it seems appropriate) are the pinnacle of comfort, I don't know why I don't wear them more often.

If you find a comfy one, it almost feels like you are wearing pyjamas and that's totally acceptable. 



They look elegant and instantly upgrade any outfit.


Forever 21 have been on point this Summer with jumpsuits. rompers and 2-pieces. I couldn't gt enough of them when I was Stateside back in April.

I just don't always seem to be able to wear them often enough in the UK, so now I was in Spain...

Floral Forever 21 Jumpsuit: Similar here

We had a lovely dinner at El Olivo in Calypso.

I shared the steak with JoBro which reminds me never to share a steak with anyone looking to make gains #proteingains.

I turned away for a second and the rest of the meat had been scoffed down!



It was a nice meal, nothing to wow-y or too expensive. Perfect to cater for large groups at a reasonable price.

They even very kindly brought me a cake out and I shared the birthday celebrations with our little friend Nell who was turning 10 only a couple of days after me. You will have to take my word for it, I'm afraid as I have no photos to show for this.

The little ones were put to bed and the rest of us chatted long into the night, sharing stories from our travel, adventures and experiences as John & Maureen always have the most exciting adventures!

Embarrassingly we were the last table left in the restaurant but the staff didn't seem to mind, they were polite and pleasant and made our evening a delight.

The rest of my free time was spent at the beach. You couldn't keep me away.



I was deeply engrossed with Jojo Moyes' Me Before You. I would quite happily lay on the sand reading all day. After all, isn't that what holidays are all about? I had another book I read, Dawn French's According to Yes, I couldn't quite get in to it. I, of course, read it all but I felt it lacked passion and emotion. Have you read it? What did you think?



As my pigmentation still hasn't cleared up under my eyes and I recently found out I have exceptionally dry skin (but I will get on to that one a little later), I kept my face smothered with factor 50 and covered my face with a hat.

I was also protecting my hair from going yellow, if you are blonde of course. My hairdresser had said my hair had gone a funny colour and nobody likes a yucky yellow, so taking precautions is a must.



At 25 I have also come to the realization that it's time to be happy in my own skin. I am never going to be a Victoria's Secret model and I am never going to look like Gigi Hadid. I'm never going to be size zero, I'm never going to have iron board abs and I am destined to be curvy, but that's ok.

Too many of us waste time wishing we looked like somebody else, wishing our legs were a little longer, our waist a little smaller, our bums a little bigger.

It's okay to have insecurities but we shouldn't let these insecurities define us.

I am happy with me.

I'm a couple of kilos lighter and although I would like to be loose a couple more kilos, I am learning to embrace the body I have.









Not even the overcast Monday could keep me away from the beach. 


On the eve of my birthday we went out for a family meal, just us four. 

My Harry Style/Tarzan look-a-like brother...



...and my wonderful parents, whose Wedding Anniversary just so happens to be today, so Happy Anniversary to them both. 

We had a wonderful evening (with minimal arguments). I never tire of family outings or conversations with these lot. 

They are funny, exciting, entertaining and I always come out the other end having learnt so much. They are my biggest fans and I don't think I would be where I am today without their constant love and encouragement.  

On my last day, I got treated to yet another birthday cake with two of my best friends from school. 

They whisked me off out for lunch and we were shocked and embarrassed at the length of time that had passed since we had last seen each other. 

But it felt like it was only yesterday we were back at school catching up on all the gossip, talking boys and laughing till our stomachs hurt. 


Thanks to all for contributing to my 25th birthday celebrations, I couldn't have imagined spending it with anybody else than with those I love!

Fingers crossed my hard drive gets fixed in Germany and I can share many many more pictures with you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment