A Date with a Boy ~ The Blonde B

16 April 2014

A Date with a Boy

You know that moment in a film when characters meet and a spark ignites?

They stay awake all night talking as if they've known each other for years.

Before they know it, it's morning. Time is running out and one of them has a flight to catch, but for some reason they would both rather stay here in this moment, forget about the outside world, and carry on talking to each other.

They will probably never see each other again.

Except, one of them plucks up the courage and says: "Hey, why can't we see each other again?"

"Yes", says the other. And both breathe a sigh of relief.

So there I was, about to catch a flight to England for a date with a boy I'd met once.

Some might call me crazy, stupid or a fool, but all I needed was Mummy to say "just go" as a sign of approval.

Excitement filled the air as I landed at the airport, but I was a bag full of nerves and had butterflies in my stomach. My nerves calmed down when I finally saw him in arrivals, but I was still a little sceptical of what to expect this weekend!

I thought those Prince Charming-types we read about in books only existed in movies in the form of Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen or Eddie Redmayne, but I was wrong.

Once in a while, someone amazing comes along...

I was utterly spoilt this weekend and got treated like a princess from start to finish. I kept expecting the clock to strike midnight. It was so refreshing and re-instated my faith in gentlemen. Romance is still alive ladies!

We made the yummiest, naughtiest and unhealthiest chocolate milkshakes with these ingredients whilst I was there:

He cooked for me (and I do like a guy who knows his way around the kitchen!):

Homemade deliciously cooked salmon with improvised (my invention!) sweet chilli sauce
Asian stir fry pork on a bed of rice and salad.
And they both tasted as good as they look!

On Saturday, though, I got really really spoilt. He knows that steak is one of my favourite foods so took me to one of the finest steakhouses in Winchester.

The Porterhouse is a chic modern restaurant in the heart of the historic town.

He ordered for us both.

White wine for me. A Corona for him.

Grilled calamari marinated in rosemary to start.
 Then the porterhouse steak to share: 32 oz (900 gr - almost 1 kg!!!) of pure unadulterated meat.
It was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, just as steak should be, and cooked to perfection. You couldn't help eat it without mouthfuls of 'uuuhhhs' and 'aaahhhs' and 'hhmmms'.

When it arrived I thought there is no way we are finishing it! But not a scrap of meat was left on our plates....

He might be a gentleman and I might look like a lady, but I certainly didn't eat like a lady tonight! 
Before I could blink, the bill was swiped from under my nose and he completely ignored my objections at paying!!

Damn these modern women trying to interfere with the gentlemen way!

I just really couldn't keep a smile off my face, the evening was perfect. 
My weekend was fun, exciting and new, but it was also a very scary, ridiculous and utterly crazy thing for me to do! I don't regret going for a second.

The only advice I can give you is face your fears. Be a little crazy and impulsive sometimes. You don't know where it will take you. If something scares you and you don't do it, you will only regret it later. If it doesn't kill you, then why not? You never know what might happen!



3 comments:

  1. Utterly outstandingly beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! So damn romantic! I'm so jealous!!! I only meet up with assholes that don't know anything about gentleness ¬¬

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Prince Charming is out there somewhere! Lo encontraras cuando menos lo esperes and he will sweep you off your feet :D

    ReplyDelete