Salads, Dresses & Wraps ~ The Blonde B

23 March 2014

Salads, Dresses & Wraps

When you've got lots of university work to do and lots of essays to write, what's a girl to do? 
Cuando tienes muchos deberes y trabajos que hacer para la uni, que debe hacer una chica?

Well, I went shopping. How about you?
Pues yo fui de compras. Y tú que?
Life can't all be about work, work, work. A girl's got to let her hair down sometimes. 
La vida no es solo trabajo. A veces, tienes que soltarte un poco y divertirte. 

This cheeky pair distracted me for a few hours on Thursday, with a little trip to La Cañada (not that they had to drag me kicking and screaming). 
Estas dos mujeres me entretenieron unas cuantas horas el jueves llevándome a La Cañada (no que tenían que forzarme). 

A girly day out with the Mother and Grandmother had been long overdue and, with no classes today, a little bit of retail therapy was exactly what I needed. 
Un día de chicas con la madre y la abuela estaba atrasada desde hace tiempo y, sin clases hoy, ir de compras es justo lo que necesitaba, además es la mejor terapia. 
Our shopping trip went the same as it always does:
Como siempre, nuestra tarde de compras fue algo así:

Nanna: "Well there is no point me picking out anything for her, she will only turn her nose up at it. This is all the fashion now, Charlotte"
La abuela: "Pues es inútil que le escoja algo yo, porque le hace asco a todo lo que elijo. Esto esta de moda ahora Charlotte"

Me: "I'm not wearing something just because it's the fashion Nanna. It just won't suit me"
Yo: "No me voy a poner algo porque esta de moda, abuela. Eso no me va a quedar bien"

And Mummy, bless her, caught in the middle of our fashion wars. 
Y mamá, la pobre, atrapada en el medio de la disputa de moda. 

After dragging them around all of the shops we needed to revitalize. We could all agree food was a good option. 
Las arrastre por todas las tiendas y necesitábamos un poco de revitalización. Por fin estábamos de acuerdo que comer era buena opción. 
And we all agreed the ever popular (and healthy!) Terra Sana was an even better option.
Y el siempre popular (y sano!) Terra Sana era incluso mejor opción. 
With menus bigger than our faces we had some tough decisions to make. Salads, wraps, smoothies?! The possibilities were endless. 
Con menús más grandes que nuestras caras, elegir que pedir era difícil. Ensaladas, wraps, smoothies? Las posibilidades eran interminables.  
Nanna was baffled with choices. 
La abuela estába desconcertada con las opciones. 
We decided to skip the yummy smoothies and went straight for coffee and agua con gas. 
Decidimos saltarnos los smoothies y pedir directamente unos cafés y agua con gas. 
Then it was feeding time. Nom.
Llegó la hora de comer, ñam.

The Aztec Wrap for Mummy
El wrap Azteca para la madre
Nanna ordered the Cajun Chicken Cesar Salad.
La abuela pidió la ensalada César con pollo cajún.
The Vietnamita with prawns for me!
Y la Vietnamita con gambas para mi!
There was utter silence whilst we wolfed down our food. 
Había silencio total mientras zampábamos la comida. 
Of course I finished my plate.
Por supuesto limpié mi plato.
Now I know I have a very popular and modern Grandmother who is very in to technology, Facebook and iPads, but she is still getting the hang of photos....
Ahora. Sé que tengo una abuela muy popular y moderna que le gusta mucho la tecnología, Facebook y los iPad, pero sigue sin manejar el arte de hacer fotos...

However, she did a pretty good job with these ones!
Sin embargo, estas salieron perfectas abuelita!
I am so grateful to have these two amazing women in my life. They are still my role models and I am the way that I am because of them. I love and respect them so much and can't imagine my life without them. Thank you for a lovely day out, it means a lot.
Soy tan afortunada de tener a estas dos mujeres increíbles en mi vida. Son mis modelos a seguir y soy como soy por ellas. Las quiero y las admiro un montón y no podría imaginar mi vida sin ellas. Muchísimas gracias por este hermoso día afuera, significa mucho para mí. 


1 comments:

  1. That's why we all need a Nanna like Nanna ! A lovely day was had by all, the company was even better! You forgot to show us all the new clothes that you got ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete