Blog Make-Over ~ The Blonde B

1 September 2015

Blog Make-Over

It's time for a make-over.

A digital one, that is.

I sent my blog into the hot digital oven and came out with a delightful bake with even layers, crisp images and delightfully bright colour arrangement.



It's taken me quite a lot of hard-work, reading and endless editing to get my blog to where it is today.

It's tough starting out if you are a newbie like me. I didn't know the first thing about HTML code and RSS feeds or widgets, but Blogger has made things quite easy.

If you are thinking of starting a blog, I would recommend Blogger. They make building a blog so easy and you have endless chances to edit the look and feel of your blog via the template editor.

If you have a little more knowledge on editing HTML or developing websites, I would suggest starting with WordPress. I am always so jealous of bloggers on WordPres as their blogs look so professional, little masterpieces of artwork cleverly crafted and written.

There are so many different features, widgets and layouts to choose from, I could spend hours editing my blog and changing things around but it never quite looked professional enough!

There is a large community out there of bloggers who are so willing to lend a helping hand to clueless webbers (web developers + bloggers) like me! And that's exactly how I came to giving my blog a little make-over.

Have you ever heard of a little site called Etsy?

You haven't?

Then where have you been for the last 5 years?!

Well Etsy is a really cute site which sells all vintage/hand-made stuff. Just the layout of the site itself makes you want to buy everything and re-decorate your home.

Little, did I know, Etsy also sold Blogger Templates. Woah! How have I only just discovered this?! There are so many different ones to choose from and they really aren't that expensive.

It didn't take me long to find one I loved from Creative Worker Bee and that very morning I got to work on adapting it to my own blog. It was easy peasy lemon sqeezy. Creative Worker Bee even provides you with a Step by Step guide to installing your new template. It was so easy a 2 year old could have done it!

I had a couple of tweaks and changes that I still wanted to do. I bombarded Creative Worker Bee with endless emails (sorry!) but she was so helpful and answered every one of my questions.

She is amazing and actively wants to help bloggers who have no clue like me!

Pssst! Did you know Creative Worker Bee has a limited time offer on all her blogger templates? Quick! Click here before they all run out!


Et voila. Here is the finished product!

What do you think? Does anyone else have any bloggin make-over stories? Tips and hints?

Please leave me a comment and I'd love to hear about them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment