Blondie B Brownies ~ The Blonde B

25 September 2015

Blondie B Brownies

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Blondes have more fun.

This also applies to brownies.

I'm all down for normal regular gooey chocolate-y brownies, but Blondie brownies are goeey and chewy and oh-so-satisfying and have the texture of brownies without the over-indulgence and richness of chocolate-y ones.

These are a magical experiment that turned out so much better than expected!


As soon as I smelt them baking in the oven, I knew they were going to be superstars



There is a very good reason why I am baking brownies late on a Thursday and that will be cancer (BOO!)

MacMillan are holding a coffee morning today - are you coming?

The world's BIGGEST coffee morning for that matter - Grab a cuppa, a slice a cake and have a good old natter. My kind of fundraising!

Both my grandfathers. Grumpy & Grandad John, sadly lost their battle with cancer a few years ago and I know they both would have loved a slice of Blondie Brownie with their afternoon tea.

It's an awful time for anyone. You may not want to talk about it or you might feel you can't talk about it. Loneliness sweeps over you and you feel consumed with anxiety, sadness and anger.

It's a cause very close to my heart. I can't bring them back but my brownies can help Macmillan support others who are going through a tough time, like they helped my Granddad John here in the UK.

Right, let's get cracking with that recipe!
Here is what you will need:

1/2 cup (113 g) of salted butter [room temperature]

2 cups (454 g) of caster sugar

1 teaspoon of baking powder

2 teaspoons of vanilla essence [I used this one as it's more natural tasting]

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups (340 g) all purpose flower

1/2 cup (113 g) of white chocolate chunks [lazy chopped up ones here]

1/4 (57 g)  cup of chopped cashew nuts 


** Preheat your oven to 190° C / 392° F ** 

I always forget to do this and trust me you don't want to wait even longer for these beauties!

In a bowl, beat together your butter, sugar and baking powder till there are no lumps. Add the vanilla essence and eggs until your mixture is smooth like the picture above. Now gradually add the flour as you stir. Finally chuck in the chocolate chunks and cashew nuts and try not to lick the spoon!

I'm only kidding, licking the spoon is the best bit!

Line a medium sized baking tray with lots of butter - you don't want it to stick to the bottom - pour in the mixture and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little more gooey take it out a couple of minutes before. 

Take the blondies out and let cool down for 30-45 minutes. Then chop them up, sprinkle with caster sugar and grab a cuppa. 



I dare you to take just one!
I really hope you don't take just one. If you do, then what is wrong with you?!

Just think, the more you eat the more money you raise!



0 comments:

Post a Comment