Cosy Club, Wales ~ The Blonde B

6 February 2016

Cosy Club, Wales

We couldn't leave Wales without popping into Cardiff.

The hub of Welsh life and a great destination for shopping.

It was such a horrid day. The wind was howling and it was pouring with rain. Lucy had joined us from Swansea and we just wanted to slip into somewhere cosy for some brunch...

m




I didn't really know the best places to go in Cardiff. It has changed so much over the last few years and we didn't really want to waste time been blown to pieces trying to find somewhere cool to eat. Lucy suggested Cosy Club as her friend had been there and I said yes! Anywhere we can get out of the cold. Cosy Club was largely unimpressive.   


The décor and layout of the place looked inviting and warm, shame there was no service to match.

We stood for 5 minutes at the entrance waiting to be shown to a table. Three waiters stood behind the bar half-heartedly cleaning glasses and looking over at us gauntly.

I understand if it's not their job to show people to a table but a little customer service never hurt nobody.

"Good morning ladies, would you mind waiting for a couple of minutes until my colleague shows you to a table?"

Or

"Good morning, can I get you a drink whilst you are waiting to be shown to your table?"

It was quite busy in the place, but there seemed to only be 1 or 2 waiting staff on duty. Food took ages to arrive and the waiters didn't even warn us about the wait or even apologise when food arrived half an hour later. It was only a couple of eggs, not an a la carte meal.

My breakfast wasn't even that good! Eggs & Avocado breakfast. Maybe it's because I'm a lover of breakfast, I expect that when I go out for breakfast that it will be better than what I make at home, but the avocado had no seasoning, the egg was practically cold and the bread was so tough to cut into it was more of a chore than an enjoyable meal. 

Or maybe I just chose wrong?

I enjoyed the company and my coffee was pretty decent, but overall it was relatively disappointing.

We made our way back to Sylvia's and Nanna had just about enough time to take a few "cousin snaps" before we got on our way.

Cue awkward family photos in the conservatory!






Then it was time to head back. 

It had already become that awful time on a Sunday, where it feels more like a Monday than a Sunday.


Jade and I followed each other all the way up the M4 until I reached my exit. We whizzed past each other waving and smiling as we past. 

Thanks for a great weekend Jadey!

Until next time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment