A Sunday Afternoon in London ~ The Blonde B

13 February 2014

A Sunday Afternoon in London

Nestled in the back streets of Holborn is the cutest little pub called The Ship's Tavern. It is everything a traditional pub should be, homely, welcoming, friendly and quintessentially British. 
Escondido entre las callejuelas de Holborn encontramos 'The Ship's Tavern', un pub super lindo. Es todo lo que me imagino un pub tradicional debería ser: acogedor, hogareño, agradable y típicamente Británico. 

They do an excellent Sunday roast too! (That won't break the bank)
Además, los domingos ofrecen el típico 'Sunday Roast'! (Que no romperá el bolsillo)

Whenever I am in London, I always try to visit the Ship either for a pint after work or dinner with friends. Lots of business men frequent it and there's nothing better than sipping a nice cold beer and admiring men in suits. 
Cuando estoy en Londres siempre intento visitar al Ship para tomar una caña después del trabajo o cenar con amigos. Siempre hay hombres de negocio ahí y no hay nada mejor que una cervecita mientras admiras los hombres con traje. 
We met on my last day in London. University friends that hadn't seen one another in too long. Alex and Hal are like my older brothers. We were housemates and being the youngest in the house, I was always the baby that got picked on. Then, Emma and Mike, who are just adorable.
Quedamos en mi último día en Londres. Amigos de la universidad que no se habían visto en mucho tiempo. Alex y Hal que son como mis hermanos mayores. Eramos compañeros de casa y siendo la más jóven siempre me acosaban. Y, Emma y Mike, que son los más simpáticas.
Emma and I didn't tell Hal or Mike that either of the other was coming. The surprise on their face was priceless. The bromance was reunited with matching caps. 
Emma y yo decidimos no decirles ni a Mike o a Hal que el otro venía. La sorpresa en sus caras cuando se vieron fue graciosísimo. La pareja estaba reunida de nuevo con sus gorras iguales. 
After much beer and wine drinking
Tras muchas cervezas y copas de vino
Food arrived! All of us ordered the lamb, which was melt-in-your-mouth amazing. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and look at the size of that Yorkshire pudding!
Llegó la comida! Todos pedimos el cordero, que estaba delicioso. Las verduras estabas cocinadas perfectamente y mira el tamaño de ese 'Yorkshire pudding'!
My friend Charlie also joined us for a very brief encounter. We only had half an hour to download the past 8 months of our lives! 
Mi amiga Charlie también vino a vernos brevemente y solo teníamos media hora para debatir los últimos 8 meses de nuestras vidas!
Oh The Ship also has an effortlessly cool jazz band playing on Sunday afternoons. 
Ah el Ship también tiene una orquesta super chula que toca jazz los domingos. 
I don´t know what it was - maybe the music, maybe the amount of wine, maybe both - but everyone got a little too obsessed with my glasses, especially Mike. He loved them!
No se lo que fue - si la música, o el vino o ambas - pero todos se obsesionaron por mis gafas, sobre todo Mike. A él  les encantó!

After 7 hours at the Ship the boys decided the evening was not over! They had worked up a 2nd appetite and were oddly craving noodles. So they dragged us to Wagamamas, but I think they only wanted to go for the sake!
Tras pasar 7 horas en el Ship los chicos decidieron que todavía no era hora de irnos! Tenían hambre y ahora les apetecía tallarines. Entonces nos llevaron a Wagamamas, un restaurant asiático, pero creo que solo querían ir por el sake!
The boys (and Emma) had the best time downing their sake shots. 
Los chicos (y Emma) se lo pasaron genial con sus chupitos de sake. 
And whilst they tried very hard to convince me it was great, I was having none of it.
Aunque intentaron convercerme que esta buenísimo, no estaba convencida. 
I stuck to my wine. 
Yo me quedé con mi vino. 
By now it was well a truly late into Sunday evening and I had a flight to catch early in the morning! I still had one more stop though before flying home: Tom's. He rescued me from the homeless woman at the tube station and fed me Chocolate Baileys whilst watching Sherlock. Then put me up for the night and didn't kill me when I had to say goodbye at 7am! Goodbye London, until next time!

Ya se estaba haciendo tarde este domingo y mi vuelo salía muy temprano mañana! Y me quedaba una visita más que hacer antes de irme: casa de Tom. Me rescató de la vagabunda en el estación de tren y me dió Baileys de Chocolate mientras veíamos Sherlock. Luego me dió una cama y tampoco le molestó que me tenía que despedirme de él a las 7 de la mañana! Hasta luego Londres!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful life you youngsters live...good on you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you still haven't been to the Ship! I need to take you Nanna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love London, looks like you had an amazing time

    Please come check out my latest post
    if you have time :)



    Fragile Bird
    | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk



    Helen



    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helen! I love that you live in South Wales. I am half Welsh and a big Welsh rugby supporter (C'mon Halfpenny!). Glad you enjoyed my post. Your blog is too cute x

    ReplyDelete