Steak on the Stone at El Coto ~ The Blonde B

14 April 2015

Steak on the Stone at El Coto

Part of the fun for being in Spain for Easter was that both my parents and his parents were here

My parents because they lived here - I'm sure you're tired of hearing about how I grew up in Spain and I'm not really British but I'm Spanish and I'm a mixture and a little bit Welsh...

Blah blah blah

His parents, because his dad was addicted to golf - his mum loved it too! But she also liked the sun!

So we spent most of our weekend flitting between his parents, my parents and even bringing them all together for a big family dinner - scary, I know!

But they all got on - maybe a little too well!

On Saturday night his parents took us to El Coto - which also just so happened to be my first gambas pil pil of 2015












































Their tempura prawns and vegetables was pretty delicious too, but it seemed almost a rip off they served up only 4 tempura prawns in comparison to the prawn-rich pil pil!

The two main attractions of El Coto are:

*Fillet Steak on the stone*

*Chateaubriand*

We ordered both.

After our starters and half a bottle of red wine later... the waiters descended on us to clear the table in preparations for our mains. 


Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on your stone and cook your meat to your liking




The Chateaubriand got a little more special treatment

Personally carved by the chef




Dessert was chocolate based...



Wait for it...



Dinner was delicious - I just couldn't finish my dessert. 

The food really was impeccable as were the waiting staff, I just wish the place had more atmosphere. 

Saturday night on a Easter weekend and there was only about 3 tables in the place. We sat inside as it was quite chilly and we were the only table in the whooole room. 

I know the most important thing about a restaurant is the food and service but I can't help but love a place full of atmosphere and character. 

Big thumbs up to the food, but shame about the atmosphere.


2 comments:

  1. Patricia Robling14 April 2015 at 14:10

    Where do put it all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia Robling14 April 2015 at 14:13

    Where do you put it all? Looked scrumptious .

    ReplyDelete