Brunch with Rachel ~ The Blonde B

26 June 2014

Brunch with Rachel

England, I'm here! 
Inglaterra estoy aquí!

I'm back. 
He vuelto.

Only for a short fleeting visit, though!
Pero sólo es una visita muyyy corta!

I will be gone in a blink of an eye. I still have some unfinished business back in Spain.
Me iré en un abrir y cerrar de los ojos. Todavía me quedan cosas que hacer en España.

I've been spending some time in the English countryside and, I must say, it is very relaxing. I should do that more often.
He estado visitando el campo inglés y os diré que he estado muy relajada ahí. Tengo que visitarlo más a menudo.

But it was time to brave the hustle and bustle of central London. 
Pero era la hora de enfrentarme al ajetreo de Londres.

I have a love hate relationship with London. I absolutely love visiting, but almost instantly get caught up in the stress and the rush of the city and its people. I find myself walking 2x times faster just to keep up with everyone on the tube who are whizzing off to business meetings and dodging confused tourists on the streets. 
Mi relación con Londres es de amor y odio. Me encanta visitar pero me contagio del estrés y rapidez de la ciudad y su gente casi al instante. En el metro ando casi dos veces más deprisa para alcanzar los empresarios y en la calle esquivo a los turistas perdidos.

Today there was no stress. Just an egg-cellent brunch in West London. (See what I did there?!)
Pero hoy no hay estrés. Un desayuno de hueva y huevos in el Oeste de Londres.





















Eggs Benedict up top and Eggs Royale down below.
Huevo Benedictinos arriba y Huevos Royal abajo.

Poached eggs on top of a Moroccan muffin, drizzled in Hollandaise sauce. Add a little bit of ham to make Eggs Benedict and some smoked salmon for Eggs Royale. 
Huevos pochés encima de una tortita marroquí y mojado en salsa holandesa. Se añade un poco de jamón york a los Huevos Benedictinos y salmón ahumado a los Huevos Royal.

Simples. 
Sencillo.






















I should have mentioned this was a hangover brunch.
Debería mencionar que es un desayuno con resaca ¿no?

A hangover you say? That's just classic Char Char and Ray Ray when we get together.
¿Resaca?, dices. Sí. Lo típico de Char Char y Ray Ray cuando nos juntamos.

Can you not spot Rachel downing some sugary coke?
¿No ves a Rachel tragando el azúcar de su coca cola? Ahí tienes una pista ¿no?



I really don't know who is worse out of both of us!
No sé quien es peor, ella o yo.

I can't remember the name of this cute little Moroccan breakfast spot but it definitely filled a hole and made me feel a whole lot better.
Me temo haber olvidado el nombre de este gracioso restaurante marroquí/inglés que llenó el hueco en mi estómago y me hizo sentir mil veces mejor.

So long hangover! 
¡Hasta la vista resaca!


Luckily we didn't sit inside because we would have been met by these amazing chocolate creations and knowing our chocolate-addiction, would have demolished the lot!
Menos mal que no llegamos a sentarnos dentro porque nos hubiésemos encontrado con estas deliciosas creaciones que no hubieran sobrevivido más de 30 segundos con lo mucho que nos gusta lo dulce. 
























Next time. There is always a next time.
En la próxima. Siempre hay una próxima.

We spent the rest of the afternoon sunbathing in Rachel's garden and watching the planes fly by on their way to Heathrow or any other exotic destination!
Tomamos el sol en el jardín de Rachel con lo que nos quedaba del día, viendo los aviones pasar en su trayectoria a Heathrow o algún destino exótico!

I love London in this weather!
Me encanta Londres con este tiempo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment